Rolling In The D
The DarKarnival Krew
A gang of rowdy hip-hop fans; favored by several Courts as cheap mayhem-makers
Quote: “Are you bitches down with the clown?”
Background: Devoted followers of the horrorcore rap duo known as The MadKlownz. Most are Caucasian youths from bad neighborhoods. The artists exhort their followers to commit acts of violence and lawlessness, ranging from recreational drug use and graffiti to minor theft and assault.
Storytelling Hints: Little matters to the Jugglers beyond their fun, their Faygo, and their twisted imitation of a family unit. Though they only see him occasionally, the DarKarnival Krew is always prepared to run errands and do favors for Boogie Woogie Wu. Most are under the impression that he is a close associate of Dredz and Killa D, and hence are eager to please him, in hopes of living up to the philosophy of The MadKlownz.
Boogie Woogie Wu insists that it was his long-term dreamshaping which inspired the twisted “theology” of the MadKlownz (known to Jugglers as the Dark Carnival) in the first place, though given the secretive nature of dreams, this claim is nearly impossible to confirm or deny.
Common characteristics of Jugglers include:
- Listening to horror-themed rap music.
- Drinking and spraying the inexpensive soft drink Faygo.
- Wearing clown facepaint, typically in black-and-white.
- Wearing hair in the “spider legs” style.
- Displaying the “Wicked Klown” sign, the westside sign with the left hand and the “K” sign in ASL with the right, with arms crossed over.